Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fashion Entry no. 1: L'wren Scott

The other day I typed in 1930s women's fashion, as you do; and came across this gorgeous picture!
This shot is from a L'wren Scott fashion show 2009 I think?! I almost instantly began salivating! I seriously believe that as time has gone by we've started dressing like total dags and the people around us who believe they are setting a good example fashion-wise by wearing as little clothing as possible (referring here to the trollopy clothing many girls at school sport and the trend of wearing as much foundation and eyeliner as they can afford!). This picture has given me hope! Hope that there are some people who still know the meaning of classy! (sigh) Why can't we all dress like they did 60, 70, 80, 90 a century or two even ago? L'wren Scott, I have only just heard of you for a day now but I take my hat off to you- that is if I had a hat on...
If anyone else has an opinion on the genius of the pencil dress please leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe somebody felt the same way about this look! I too came across these beautiful dresses when searching for the making of my fashion blog( which I am excited about. yes... another aspiring fashion designer!)For such simple dresses they look gorgous and unique. LOVE their hair and makeup! It looks like something I would want on my future fashion show:)

    ReplyDelete